About the Foundation
To supplement funding for innovative police programs, equipment, and technology
that make Greensboro a safer community to live, work, and visit.
Who We Are: The Greensboro Police Foundation
The Greensboro Police Foundation is an independent, non-profit 501 (c) (3) organization whose mission is to supplement funding for innovative police programs, equipment, and technology that make Greensboro a safer community to live, work, and visit.
Since our establishment in 2012 we have raised over $2M in pursuit of our mission to support the Greensboro Police Department. Our most significant accomplishment is the successful campaign to raise $130,000 to purchase 125 body-worn cameras. Greensboro was the first major US city to equip its entire patrol force with on-officer cameras.
The Evolution of Policing in Greensboro
Like other law enforcement agencies around the country, the Greensboro Police Department is continuously adapting to a dynamic policing climate. For example, the department has implemented neighborhood-oriented policing, a strategy that is designed to promote positive and lasting connections between police officers and the neighborhoods they serve. It also established the Office of Community Engagement which has created many programs that build relationships between the police and the community. The Greensboro Police Foundation works in close collaboration with the Greensboro Police Department to develop and support initiatives that fit within the framework of modern policing. While crime-fighting equipment and technology will always be one of our focus areas, it is imperative that we are active supporters of community-engagement programs that also go a long way toward making our city safe.
How You Can Help
While we can be proud of our early track record, there is much more to be done. The city of Greensboro remains dedicated to providing exemplary law enforcement services; our goal is to supplement existing resources so that the department can uphold its standard of exceptional policing. Your contribution will benefit the following programs:
- Cutting edge equipment, training, and technology to fight crime
- Officer safety, wellness, and recognition
- Community partnerships and advocacy
We can help the police department become a national model of exceptional policing with your financial support. Please consider making a gift.
A Police Foundation is expected to:
- Promote excellence in local police departments by providing resources not otherwise available from traditional sources
- Provide grants to purchase equipment, provide specialized training, encourage professional development, recognize employee valor, promote wellness, engage consultants, and perform independent studies and program evaluation
- Be powerful allies of police departments and their programs through advocacy efforts of members of their board of directors
- Support programs, initiatives and projects that are strategically focused to complement the department’s policing strategies
- Provide private sector support that contributes to the development of an innovative, technologically-advanced police force optimally engages with the community
- Serve as a conduit for the business and private sectors to support the Police Department through monetary aid, services, and goods